What is the commonality between Cash converters, Starbucks, United Color of Benetton and the MIT? Like thousands of companies they use what is generally called “Cloud Managed Networking”. Cloud Managed Networking is the possibility to manage the networks, both wired and wireless, from the cloud and it brings a lot of opportunities and benefits with it. In this article, we will focus more on the technology of the leader in networking products: Cisco Meraki.
What is Cloud Managed Networking?
Cloud Managed Networking brings the benefits of the cloud to enterprise networking, delivering easy to use, cost effective wired and wireless networks that are centrally managed and controlled over the web.
What are the benefits of Cloud Managed Networking?
- Rapid deployment with self-provisioning, self-optimizing hardware
- Control applications, users, and devices
- Built-in multi-site managementAutomatic monitoring and alerts
Network-wide visibility and control
- Self-provisioning for rapid deployment
- Automatic reporting
- Seamless firmware update (bringing new features and updates)
- Eliminate expensive on-premise hardware controllers
- Shifts from capital to operational expenses
- Simple management
- Reduced cost of IT Expertise and management
Ideal use cases
- Geographically spread out business
- Business with limited IT department resources
- Fast growing business
- Small Businesses who just want something that works
Benefits of Cloud Managed Networking for your business
- Single pane of glass to view entire network
- Always up-to-date
- Central management of Security and Policies
- Device management down to PC, Mac, tablets and Smartphones within Enterprise
- Location Analytics add-ons from 3rd parties
Is my company data secure?
Yes, the only data that is sent to the cloud is essentially management data Cloud Managed Networking uses an out of band management architecture, meaning that only management data flows through the cloud infrastructure. No user traffic passes through data centers, and your data stays on your network
Is Cloud Managed Networking for everyone?
No Cloud managed networking has some limitations especially when there is existing hardware and complex network infrastructure in place. It’s always best to speak to an expert like Acuutech to ascertain if Cloud Managed networking will work for your business
Want to learn more signup for a Webinar and get a Free Access Point?
Sign up for a webinar about Cloud networking here and get yourself a Free Cloud Managed Access Point.
What Acuutech can do for your company
Minimizing IT downtime prevents loss of productivity and revenue. Few things in business are as simple. Acuutech selects and deploys the best of breed products, backed by a range of highly cost effective consultancy and support services.
We will help you to
- Plan & Design your network
- Chose the right network infrastructure (firewall, switches, AP)
- Implement and Project manage structured cabling
- Install and monitor your network
Acuutech is Cisco Select partner. Cisco is a worldwide leader in networking, including associated hardware.
Acuutech is a Cisco Meraki partner. Cisco Meraki is the leader in cloud controlled WiFi, routing, and security.
Cisco Meraki – The Recognized Leader in Cloud Networking
Cisco Meraki is the leader in Cloud Networking. Its award-winning Cloud Controller provides powerful and intuitive centralized management while eliminating the cost and complexity of traditional on-site wireless controllers. Cisco Meraki’s Cloud Controller seamlessly manages campus-wide WiFi deployments and distributed multi-site networks, with zero-touch access point provisioning, network-wide visibility and control, cloud-based RF optimization, seamless firmware updates and more. With an intuitive browser-based user interface, Meraki WLANs configure in minutes.
Over 18,000 customer networks in 145 countries worldwide enjoy its Cloud Solutions. Clients include Burger King, Starbucks, Toyota & British Telecom are using its Cloud Controlled Wireless as well